Morning sex is like having dessert for breakfast—it’s indulgent, comforting and naughty. Plus, who doesn’t want to linger in bed for a while longer?
With the first sign of the new season arriving in the wee hours this Sunday 25 October, most of us will be turning our clocks back one hour to inaugurate Daylight Savings Time.
Early Morning Surprise
Instead of hitting the snooze button and sinking back into slumber, why not make use of that extra hour to spruce up your sex life! After all, morning sex is not only good for your love life, it’s also great health-wise.
Instead of hitting the snooze button and sinking back into slumber, why not make use of that extra hour to spruce up your sex life!
While saying ‘I love you’ to your significant other first thing is definitely wonderful, physically demonstrating your love is much more personal and powerful. Not only are you starting off the day connecting on an emotional and physical level, you are showering them with love while thoroughly enjoying every part of each other.
What may not be as obvious is that your body is likely most primed for sex in the early hours.
According to Dr. Debby Herbenick, an American research scientist and author, individuals who partake in morning sex are healthier and happier people.
Sex releases boosted levels of estrogen, which in turn makes hair and skin stronger and healthier. Research by Yvonne Ulrich-Lai, PhD and James Herman, PhD of psychiatry and behavioural neuroscience at University of Cincinnati found that participants, who partook in pleasurable activities such as sex or comfort food, saw reduced-stress effects continue for at least seven days.
If you are running late but still don’t want to miss out on spending time with your partner, indulge in a quickie. Mornings are the perfect time! With added adrenaline of hurried sex, intensify the entire experience with Durex Play Tingle.
A hot and heavy session before work will go a long way towards igniting your passion.
Here are some added benefits of early morning loving:
- Release of the feel-good chemical oxytocin, which makes couple feel bonded all day long
- A stronger immune system makes you less susceptible from catching a cold or flu
- Morning sex three times a week lowers the risk of heart attack or stroke
- Improve bladder control (in women)
- Can block chronic pain like headaches, backaches, menstrual cramps and pain associated with arthritis
- Burn as much as five calories per minute, plus the added benefits of working certain muscle groups.
Waking up to an eager partner sure beats waking up to an alarm. Here are a few tips to help ease you into your mornings.
Kick off your early morning rendezvous with these tips:
Remember to relieve yourself of bodily fluids before you start. Nothing kills the mood more than trying to hold back the urge to visit the bathroom, while you’re about to do it.
- Ditch the pajamas and get into bed naked. The feel of your partner’s skin in the morning will be the first thing on your mind.
- Try initiating sex in a different way than opting for the same predictable routine. Give your partner a sexy wakeup call by quietly slipping out of your clothes.
- Don’t let morning breath dismay you. Instead of going for mouth-on mouth action, focus on each other’s necks, shoulders, etc.
- The darker the room, the better. No need to worry about how you look just let your inhibitions down.
So if you’re feeling a bit stressed or under the weather, relieve all your worries with an early morning romp. Don’t be embarrassed, morning sex is probably the one time you can pardon morning breath to be completely aroused.